John Motley Morehead
29th Governor of North Carolina
- Great-grandfather of John Motley Morehead — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- BY 21 Oct 1773
- Death Location:
- Halifax County, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Kerenhappuch Norman
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 30 Jan 1733
- Marriage Location:
Elizabeth Turner (Ahnentafel No:5 )
Some sources suggest that James Turner is the son of Thomas Turner and Martha Taliaferro, daughter of Richard Taliaferro. I have not seen any evidence to support this.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for James Turner
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A117148.
- 2 Virginia, Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850, 30 JAN 1733, Land record for father-in-law Isaac Norman.
- 3 Virginia, Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850, 02 FEB 1730/1, Land record for Isaac Norman and James Turner.
- 4 Bradshaw, G. S. , Mrs. Kerenhappuch Turner: A Heroine of 1776, Greensboro, North Carolina: The Guilford Battle Ground Company (1902), 4.
- 5 Garber, Virginia Armistead , The Armistead Family, 1635-1910, Richmond, VA: Whittet and Shepperson (1910), additional data p. 4.
- 6 Morehead, John Motley (III) , The Morehead Family of North Carolina and Virginia, New York: Privately printed (1921), 38-43.