7th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
- 5th Great-grandfather of Morrison Waite — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Dudley
- Eleanor Hooker
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 22 Jan 1608/1609
- Christening Location:
- Dorking, Surrey, England
- Death Date:
- 16 Mar 1684
- Death Location:
- Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Jane Lutman
- Marriage Date:
- 24 Aug 1636
- Marriage Location:
- Ockley, Surrey, England
William Dudley (Ahnentafel No:100 )
Many sources state that William Dudley was born at Richmond, County Surrey, England, son of David Dudley of Dorking, Co. Surrey. This has since been proven to be false.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Dudley
- 1 American Ancestors Magazine, 2010, Vol. 11.4, p. 35.
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Guilford, pp. 70, 72, 74, 76, Birth records for children of William and Jane Dudley.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 2007, Vol. 82, pp. 63-75.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1933, Vol. 10, p. 76.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 99.
- 6 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 2005, Vol. 38,. p. 197.
- 7 Dudley, Dean, History of the Dudley Family: With Genealogical Tables, Pedigrees, &c., Number 1, Boston: David Clapp and Son, Printers (1886), 341-343.
- 8 Grant, William Henry, Minnesota Society, Sons of the American Revolution: Year Book: 1889-1895, St. Paul, Minnesota: McGill Printing Company (1895), 449.
- 9 Whittelsey, Charles Barney, comp., Genealogy of the Whittelsey - Whittlesey Family, Hartford, Connecticut: Press of The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1898), 26-29.
- 10 Whittlesey, John S., et. al., Memorial of the Whittlesey Family in the United States, n.p.: The Whittlesey Association (1855), iv.