Edward Douglass White, Jr.
9th U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice
- Father of Edward Douglass White, Jr. — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- James White
- Mary -----
- Birth Date:
- 3 Mar 1795
- Birth Location:
- Maury County, Tennessee
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Apr 1847
- Death Location:
- New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Saint Joseph Cemetery, Thibodaux, Lafourche, Louisiana
- Spouse Name:
- Catherine Sidney Lee Ringgold
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Edward Douglass White Jr. (Ahnentafel No:1 )
10th Governor of Louisiana
The Wikipedia entry for Edward Douglass White says that he was an illegitimate child of Dr. James White, but gives no citation as to sources.
Edward Douglass White
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edward Douglass White
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 06/28/2020).
- 2 Louisiana History: The Journal of the Louisiana Historical Association, 2002, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 93-95.
- 3 Tennessee Historical Magazine, 1915, Vol. 1, No. 4, p. 282.
- 4 Biographical Directory of the United States Congress 1774 - Present, "White, Edward Douglass (1795-1847)", (accessed 06/29/2020).
- 5 Highsaw, Robert B., Edward Douglass White: Defender of the Conservative Faith, Baton Rouge and London: Louisiana State University Press (1981), 15-17.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 105.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Edward Douglass White Sr.", (accessed 06/28/2020).