39th U.S. President
- 7th Great-grandfather of Jimmy Carter — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Strother
- Elizabeth -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1630
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 30 Dec 1700 to 4 Nov 1702
- Death Location:
- Richmond County, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Dorothy -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1651
- Marriage Location:
Robert Strother (Ahnentafel No:338 )
It is often claimed that William Strother was the son of William and Elizabeth Strother and grandson of Lancelot Strother and Eleanor Conyers. Eleanor Conyers is a direct descendant of Edward III, King of England. However more evidence is needed to substantiate the claim.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Strother
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2004, Vol. 5, No. 2, p. 42.
- 2 Publications of the Southern History Association, 1898, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 149-151.
- 3 Register of Kentucky State Historical Society, 1927, Vol. 25, No. 75, pp. 293-294.
- 4 Carter, Jeff, Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012), 72.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 229.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 572.
- 7 Strother, Edward L., The Strother Family: 300 Years from Virginia to Louisiana, Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway Press (2002), 2-6.