Ancestry of Maj. Gen.
Leader of the Rough Riders
- 6th Great-grandfather of Leonard Wood — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Pierce
- Elizabeth Trull
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 8 Apr 1611
- Christening Location:
- St. Edmund, Norwich, Norfolk, England
- Death Date:
- 9 May 1678
- Death Location:
- Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Anne -----
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 28 Dec 1633
- Marriage Location:
Joseph Pierce (Ahnentafel No:216 )
Anthony Pierce's surname is also seen as Peirce and Pers.
Anthony Pierce is sometimes claimed to have had a first wife named Sarah or Mary. Evidence is needed to support this claim.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Anthony Pierce
- 1 The American Genealogist, 2010, Vol. 84, pp. 177-184.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 264.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 33.
- 4 Peirce, Frederick Clifton, Peirce Genealogy: Being the Record of the Posterity of John Pers, An Early Inhabitant of Watertown, in New England . . ., Worcester: Press of Chas. Hamilton (1880), 18, 21-22.
- 5 Snow, Nora Emma, The Snow-Estes Ancestry, 2 Vols., Hillburn, NY: Privately Printed (1939), Vol. 1, p. 327.