Benjamin Apthorp Gould
Founder of The Astronomical Journal
- Grandmother of Benjamin Apthorp Gould — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Amariah Dana
- Dorothy May
- Birth Date:
- 9 Oct 1773
- Birth Location:
- Amherst, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 21 Jan 1866
- Death Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Nathaniel Goddard
- Marriage Date:
- 2 May 1797
- Marriage Location:
- Hollis Street Church, Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Lucretia Dana Goddard (Ahnentafel No:3 )
Lucretia Dana was adopted by her uncle Col. John May of Boston.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Lucretia Dana
- 1 Boston, MA: Church Records, 1630-1895, Hollis Street Church, p. 118, Marriage of Nathaniel Goddard and Lucretia Dana.
- 2 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A045865.
- 3 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 05/23/2022).
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Amherst, Vol. 1, p. 12, Birth record for Lucretia Dana.
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1866, Vol. 20, p. 169, Death of Lucretia Goddard.
- 6 May, John, et. al., Journal and Letters of Col. John May, of Boston: Relative to Two Journeys to the Ohio Country in 1788 and '89 . . ., Cincinnati: Robert Clarke and Col (1873), 7.
- 7 Williams, Alicia Crane, Chase-Wigglesworth Genealogy: The Ancestors and Descendants of Philip Putnam Chase and His Wife . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway Press, Inc. (1990), 171.