Rutherford B. Hayes
19th U.S. President
- 8th Generation — 5th Great-grandmother of Rutherford B. Hayes
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from Mar 1686 to May 1687
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Worden Cemetery, East Dennis, Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Peter Worden Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Mary Worden
Some online genealogies claim that Mary, wife of Peter Worden Jr., is the daughter of Edward and Magdalen (Oliver) Winslow, and sister to Edward Winslow of the Mayflower. This claim appears to be false as Mary is not listed as one of their children in the family bible of Edward and Magdalen Winslow.
Claims that Mary's maiden name was Sears is lacking evidence.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary -----
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Magazine, DEC 1921, Vol. 55, No. 12, p.710, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 2 Find A Grave, (accessed 07/16/2016).
- 3 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Third Series, Volume 3, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1915), 1311, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 4 Hemenway, Abby Maria, ed., Vermont Historical Gazetteer: A Local History of All the Towns in the State . . ., Vol. 5, Brandon, Vermont: Mrs. Carrie E. H. Page (1891), 165, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 418.
- 6 Sinnott, Mary Elizabeth, Annals of the Sinnott, Rogers, Coffin, Corlies, Reeves, Bodine and Allied Families, Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company (1905), 105, Ancestry.com (Online Database).