70th Governor of Massachusetts
- 9th Generation — 6th Great-grandfather of Mitt Romney
- Ahnentafel No:
- Charles Dickinson
- (probable) Philippa Greene
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1702
- Birth Location:
- Narragansett, Washington, Rhode Island
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 23 MAR 1749/1750 to 27 JUN 1750
- Death Location:
- Dutchess County, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Cole
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1728
- Marriage Location:
- New York
- Christopher Dickinson
Sources disagree on the locations of Samuel Dickinson's birth and death.
Gary Boyd Roberts in his The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants (p. 927) mentions there is a claim by a Paul M. Gifford who suggests Samuel Dickenson is not a son of his father's wife Philippa Greene, but instead is a son of a fourth wife of his father named Sarah. Gifford's claim needs further investigation.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Dickinson
- 1 Dutchess County, NY: The Settlers of the Beekman Patent, Vol. 4, p. 298, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Family Data Collection - Deaths, Record for Samuel Dickinson, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 3 Millennium File, Record for Samuel Dickinson, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1965, Vol. 42, p. 190, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900, Yates Publishing, Marriage record for Mary Cole and Samuel Dickinson, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 925, 927.
- 7 West, Edmund, comp., Family Data Collection - Individual Records, Samuel Dickinson, Ancestry.com (Online Database).