70th Governor of Massachusetts
- 4th Generation — Great-grandfather of Mitt Romney
- Ahnentafel No:
- Miles Romney
- Elizabeth Gaskell
- Birth Date:
- 18 Aug 1843
- Birth Location:
- Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 26 Feb 1904
- Death Location:
- Colonia Dublán, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Burial Date:
- 28 Feb 1904
- Burial Location:
- Colonia Dublán Cemetery, Colonia Dublán, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Spouse Name:
- Hannah Hood Hill
- Marriage Date:
- 10 May 1862
- Marriage Location:
- Endowment House, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake Co., Utah
- Gaskell Samuel Romney
Although Miles Romney's tombstone has 1844 as his birth year, his membership record with the LDS church lists 18 AUG 1843 as his birthdate.
LDS church records list Colonia Juárez as Miles Romney's place of death instead of Colonia Dublán. Both locations were Mormon colonies that were first settled in the late 1800s.
Miles Park Romney
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Miles Park Romney
- 1 Federal Census, UT, Great Salt Lake County, 1850, Image 53 of 180, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 2 Find A Grave, (accessed 12/03/2014).
- 3 Membership of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1830-1848, Membership record of Miles Park Romney and family, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 Sons of Utah Pioneers Memorial Gallery Index Cards, Record for Miles Park Romney, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 Utah, Death and Military Death Certificates, 1904-1961, Death certificate for son Gaskell Romney, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 6 Utah, Select Marriages, 1887-1966, Marriage record for son Gaskell Romney and Amy Wilken Pratt, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Bullock, Kenneth C., A Genealogy of James Bullock and Mary Hill, Latter Day Saint Pioneers, Provo, Utah: Unknown (1987), 95, Ancestry.com (Online Database).