John Dos Passos
- 6th Great-grandmother of John Dos Passos — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Francis Constable
- Alice -----
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 21 Feb 1621/1622
- Christening Location:
- St. Gregory by St. Paul, London, England
- Death Date:
- AFT 24 Sep 1666
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Richard Lee
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1641
- Marriage Location:
- Jamestown, Virginia
Richard Lee (Ahnentafel No:196 )
Elizabeth "Betsy" Lee
- Anne was possibly baptized in London on 21 FEB 1621/1622 and may have been the sister of Sarah Constable baptized there on 16 MAR 1616/1617. Sarah was the wife of Anthony Savage of Gloucester and Richmond counties and daughter of Francis Constable, printer to Queen Elizabeth I.
Additional marriages for Anne Constable
- Edmund Lister
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 1664
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Anne Constable
- 1 England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975, Baptism record for Anne Constable.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1872, Vol. 26, p. 61.
- 3 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 152.
- 4 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 403.
- 5 Hardy, Stella Pickett, Colonial Families of the Southern States of America: A History and Genealogy of Colonial Families Who Settled . . ., New York: Tobias A. Wright (1911), 320.
- 6 Nagel, Paul C., The Lees of Virginia: Seven Generations of an American Family, New York: Oxford University Press (2007), Chart preceding p. 3.
- 7 Pecquet du Bellet, Louise, Some Prominent Virginia Families, Vol. 4, Lynchburg, VA: J. P. Bell Company (1907), 84.
- 8 Wakefield, Robert S. and Margaret Harris Stover, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 17, Isaac Allerton, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2015), 22.
- 9 Washington and Lee University, "Lee Family Digital Archive", (accessed 28 MAY 2013).
- 10 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 165.
- 11 Wikipedia, "Francis Constable", (accessed 02/05/2014).
- 12 Wikipedia, "Richard Lee II", (accessed 03/07/2010).