- 9th Great-grandfather of Post Malone — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Pieter Van der Meulen
- Dorcas Messenger
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1668
- Birth Location:
- prob. Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 11 May 1756
- Death Location:
- Wintonbury (now Bloomfield), Hartford, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Wintonbury Cemetery, Bloomfield, Hartford, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Joanna Porter
- Marriage Date:
- 21 Jul 1692
- Marriage Location:
- Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut
Pelatiah Mills (Ahnentafel No:1220 )
aka Peter Van der Mulen
Peter Mills was born Peter Van der Mulen. His name was Dutch and it meant "The man of the mill." So in 1707, he had his name changed by an act of the Connecticut legislature to Mills.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Peter Mills
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Windsor, p. 194, Marriage record for Peter Mills and Joanna Porter.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 07/22/2020).
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1959, Vol. 35, p. 20.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1998, Vol. 73, p. 272.
- 5 Brown, Abiel, Genealogical History with Short Sketches and Family Record of the Early Settlers of West Simsbury, Now Canton, Conn., Hartford: Press of Case, Tiffany and Company (1856), 99.
- 6 Cooke, Rollin Hillyer, ed., Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoir of Berkshire County, Massachusetts, Vol. 1, New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Co. (1906), 260.
- 7 Hayden, Jabez Haskell, Records of the Connecticut Line of the Hayden Family, Windsor Locks, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1888), 288.
- 8 Loomis, Elisha S., Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America: And His Antecedents in the Old World, Berea, Ohio: unknown (1909), 137-138.
- 9 Winchell, Alexander, Genealogy of the Family of Winchell in America: Embracing the Etymology and History of the Name . . ., Ann Arbor: Dr. Chase's Steam Printing House (1869), 250-251.