Ellen Louise (Axson) Wilson
First Lady of President Woodrow Wilson
- 6th Great-grandfather of Ellen Louise (Axson) Wilson — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Bassingborne Throckmorton
- Mary Hill
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 9 May 1601
- Christening Location:
- Norwich, Norfolk, England
- Death Date:
- from 17 MAR 1683/1684 to 25 APR 1684
- Death Location:
- Middletown, Monmouth, New Jersey
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Rebecca Farrand
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1635
- Marriage Location:
John Throckmorton Jr. (Ahnentafel No:170 )
Sources disagree as to whether John Throckmorton or a George Throckmorton immigrated to New England on the ship Lyon in 1631. Claims have been made that a 1631 freeman record for John was misread as George. Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration Begins (Vol. 3, pp. 1818) states that an examination of the original does indeed read George and not John. His conclusion at the time was that John and George were two distinct men and not the same man. However, in Anderson's more recentThe Great Migration Directory he lists John Throckmorton as having been aboard the Lyon in 1631, and he cites his earlier book as being "incorrect" with regards to John Throckmorton.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Throckmorton
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1947, Vol. 101, pp. 290-291.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1943, Vol. 20, pp. 116-117.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 2002, Vol. 77, pp. 113-124, 229-234.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1818, incorrect.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (20 15), 335.
- 6 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Ma rilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 7 Deats, Hiram Edmund, ed., The Jerseyman: A Quarterly Magazine of Local History and Genealogy, Principally of Hunterdo n County, New Jersey, Vol. 10, Flemington, New Jersey: H. E. Deats, Editor and Publisher (1904), 26.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 197.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 296.
- 10 Wikipedia, "John Throckmorton (settler)", (accessed 01/07/2014).