Completed Paul Revere's Midnight Ride
- 5th Generation — 2nd Great-grandfather of Samuel Prescott
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1604
- Birth Location:
- prob. Standish Parish, Lancashire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Dec 1681
- Death Location:
- Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Gawkroger-Platts
- Marriage Date:
- 11 Apr 1629
- Marriage Location:
- Halifax Parish, Yorkshire, England
Jonathan Prescott (Ahnentafel No:8 )
Some published sources claim that John Prescott was the son of Ralph Prescott of Shevington. Others have made arguments against the claim. Evidence is needed to determine if Ralph Prescott was John's father.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Prescott
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Littleton, Vol. 1, p. 462, Prescott family vital statistics.
- 2 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Watertown, Vol. 1, p. 9, Birth record for daughter Lydia Prescott.
- 3 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States , 1992, Vol. 11, p. 203, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), 1959, Vol. 113, pp. 70-71.
- 5 Fairbanks, Lorenzo Sayles , Genealogy of the Fairbanks Familly in America, 1633-1897 , Boston: American Printing and Engraving Company (1897) , 39, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Hollick, Martin E. , New Englanders in the 1600s: A Guide to Genealogical Research Published Between 1980 and 2010 , Expanded Edition , Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2012) , 191.
- 7 Holman, Mary Lovering , Ancestry of Colonel John Harrington Stevens and his Wife Frances Helen Miller, Vol. 1 , Concord, New Hampshire: Privately Printed at The Rumford Press (1948) , 47, 54-60, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 8 Mackenzie, George Norbury, ed. , Colonial Families of the United States of America, Vol. 2 , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1995, originally published 1912) , 256, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 9 Prescott, William , The Prescott Memorial: or A Genealogical Memoir of the Prescott Families in America in Two Pa rts , Boston: Printed by Henry W. Dutton and Son (1870) , 41, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd , Notable Ki n, Volume 2 , Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999) , 52.
- 11 Stearns, Ezra S., comp. , Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire: A Record of the Achievements o f Her People . . ., Vol. 1 , Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1908) , 104, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 12 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al. , The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta , 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006) , 154.
- 13 Wheeler, Albert Gallatin, Jr. , The Genealogical and Encyclopedic History of the Wheeler Family in America , Boston, Massachusetts: American College of Genealogy (1914) , 498, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 14 White, Almira Larkin White, ed. , Ancestry of John Barber White and of his Descendants , Haverhill, Massachusetts: Press of C.H. Webster (1913) , 124-128, 131, Google Books (Digital Library).