Founder, Milton Bradley Company
- 14th Great-grandmother of Milton Bradley — 17th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Peter de Brewes
- Joan Howard
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Hugh Shirley
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Ralph Shirley (Ahnentafel No:49774 )
Beatrice Brewes's name is also seen as Beatrix Braose.
The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants by Gary Boyd Roberts (p. 422) gives Beatrice's mother as her father's first wife Joan de Percy. However, other sources, including Plantagenet Ancestry by Douglas Richardson gives it as Joan de Howard, his second wife. According to Richardson, Peter de Brewes and Joan de Percy “ had no known issue.”
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Beatrice Brewes
- 1 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. 2, p. 474.
- 2 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study i n Colonial & Medieval Families, 2nd Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 2, pp. 266-267.
- 3 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 3, p. 57.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 422.