Francis Edward Hinckley
Co-Founder, University of Chicago
- 5th Great-grandmother of Francis Edward Hinckley — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Parke
- Martha Holgrave
- Birth Date:
- 2 Mar 1641/1642
- Birth Location:
- Roxbury (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 24 Oct 1675
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- East Parish Burying Ground, Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Isaac Williams
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1660
- Marriage Location:
John Williams (Ahnentafel No:88 )
Secondary sources list Martha's maiden name as Parke, daughter of William and Martha (Holgrave) Parke, and sister of Theoda Parke who married Isaac's brother Samuel. Based on the age on her gravestone and her sister being married to Isaac's brother, this would seem very possible. However Robert Charles Anderson does not make this connection. He lists Martha, the daughter of William Parke, as “no further record” after her birth. More research is needed to solidify this connection.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Martha Parke
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 01/13/2014).
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1995, Vol. 12, p. 66.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1982, Vol. 136, p. 317.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1390.
- 5 Baker, Henry A., comp., History of Montville, Connecticut: Formerly the North Parish of New London from 1640 to 1896, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1896), 461-462.
- 6 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 742.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#78 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Ten Further Hollywood Figures (or Groups Thereof)", (accessed 10/06/2014).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 141, 222.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 43-44, 69.
- 10 Wheeler, Albert Gallatin, Jr., The Genealogical and Encyclopedic History of the Wheeler Family in America, Boston, Massachusetts: American College of Genealogy (1914), 293.
- 11 Williams, Edward H., Jr., Robert Williams of Roxbury, Mass. and His Descendants, Newport, Rhode Island: Reprinted from The Magazine of New England History (1891), 8-9.
- 12 Williams, Stephen West, The Genealogy and History of the Family of Williams in America, More Particularly of the Descendants of . . ., Greenfield: Printed by Merriam and Mirick (1847), 155.