American Banker and Art Collector
- 9th Generation — 6th Great-grandfather of J.P. Morgan
- Ahnentafel No:
- Rowland Calkins
- Elen Payne
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 8 Apr 1603
- Christening Location:
- Waverton, Cheshire, England
- Death Date:
- ABT 1690
- Death Location:
- Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Norwichtown Cemetery, Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Anne -----
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- John Calkins
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Hugh Calkins
- 1 England, Cheshire Parish Registers, 1538-2000, Baptism record for daughter Sara Calkin, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 2 England, Cheshire Parish Registers, 1538-2000, Baptism record for Hugh Calkins, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 3 Find A Grave, (accessed 05/09/2013).
- 4 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Gloucester Marriages, Vol. 2, Page 296, Marriage record for daughter Sarah.
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1869, Vol. 23, Pages 396-398.
- 6 Calkins, Kenneth W., ed., Calkins Family in America, Golden, Colorado: Calkins Family Association (2000), 7, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 7 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Family History of Western New York: A Record of the Achievements of Her People . . ., Vol. 3, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1912), 1209, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Huntington, E. B., A Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop Family in this Country, Ridgefield, Connecticut: M. Huntington (1884), 48, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#58 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Elizabeth Boyd Roberts: A Genealogical Tribute with 50 New . . .", (accessed 07/07/2017).
- 10 Walworth, Reuben H., Hyde Genealogy; or the Descendants in the Female as well as in the Male Lines, from William Hyde, of Norwich, Vol. 1, Albany, NY: J. Munsell (1864), 12-13.
- 11 Watkins, Walter K. and Eben Putnam, New England Ancestry of Grover Cleveland, President of the United States, Salem, Massachusetts: The Salem Press (1892), 15, Google Books (Digital Library).