Traitor of the American Revolution
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Benedict Arnold
- Hannah Waterman
- Birth Date:
- 3 Jan 1740/1741
- Birth Location:
- Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- 11 Jan 1740/1741
- Christening Location:
- First Church, Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Death Date:
- 14 Jun 1801
- Death Location:
- London, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- St. Mary's Churchyard, Battersea, London, England
American General during the Revolutionary War who became a traitor to the American cause.
Benedict's birth record lists his date as 03 JAN 1740/1. This is due to the calendar change from Julian to Gregorian in 1742 in which the calendar was adjusted by 11 days.
Marriages for Benedict Arnold
- Margaret Mansfield
- Marriage Date:
- 22 Feb 1767
- Margaret "Peggy" Shippen
- Marriage Date:
- Apr 1779
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Benedict Arnold
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/30/2013).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1880, Vol. 34, p. 196.
- 3 Norwich CT: Vital Records of Norwich, 1659-1848, Vol. 1, p. 153, Birth record for Benedick Arnold, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 Bassett, John Spencer, ed., The Writings of "Colonel William Byrd of Westover in Virginia Esqr.", New York: Doubleday, Page and Co. (1901), 448, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Hill, George Canning, Benedict Arnold: A Biography, Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Company (1865), Google Books (Digital Library).
- 6 Jacobus, Donald Lines, The Waterman Family: Vol. I, Descendants of Robert Waterman of Marshfield, Massachusetts, New Haven, Connecticut: Edgar F. Waterman (1939), 124, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Benedict Arnold", (accessed 03/30/2013).