Co-founder, NY Academy of Science
- 8th Great-grandmother of John Torrey — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Grey
- (probable) Anne Grey
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- 15 Nov 1558
- Burial Location:
- Elmore, Gloucestershire, England
- Spouse Name:
- John Guise
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
William Guise (Ahnentafel No:524 )
In a 1954 article in the New England Historical and Genealogical Register she was claimed to be the daughter of Arthur Grey, Lord Grey of Wilton .
In 1956 another article in the same journal stated the Arthur Grey claim was false and that Edmund Grey, 9th Lord Grey of Wilton was her father.
In 2004, the 8th edition of Ancestral Roots by Frederick Weis, agreed with the 1956 claim.
More recent publications, including Richardson's Royal Ancestry (2013) and Roberts's The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants (2018) state that Tacy was the sister of Edmund Grey and not his daughter. They believe she is the daughter of John Grey, 8th Lord Grey of Wilton and his wife Anne Grey, the parents of Edmund. This is a change in Robert's book from the previous edition The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants (2008).
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Tacy Grey
- 1 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 2, pp. 378-379.
- 2 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 180.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 351.