- 22nd Great-grandfather of Katharine Hepburn — 25th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Piers de Lutegareshale
- Maud de Mandeville
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1162
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Oct 1213
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Aveline de Clare
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 29 May 1205
- Marriage Location:
John FitzGeoffrey (Ahnentafel No:15784838 )
1st Earl of Essex
Sir Geoffrey FitzPiers's surname is also seen as FitzPeter
Additional marriages for Geoffrey FitzPiers
- Beatrix de Say
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 25 Jan 1184/1185
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Geoffrey FitzPiers
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1981, Vol. 57, p. 32.
- 2 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage i s Traced to . . ., 2nd Ed., Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1891), 159.
- 3 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 80.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 548, 551.
- 5 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 100.
- 6 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 225-226.
- 7 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of thei r . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printi ng, 2006), 25, 189.
- 8 Wikipedia, "Geoffrey Fitz Peter, 1st Earl of Essex", _1st_Earl_of_Essex, (accessed 09/06/2013).
- 9 Wilkinson, M. M., Genealogy of Wilkinson and Kindred Families, Shelby, Mississippi: Shelby Book Store, Publishers (1949), 62.