(aka Octave Thanet)
Novelist and Short Story Writer
- Father of Alice French — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- George French
- Mary Richardson
- Birth Date:
- 2 Feb 1825
- Birth Location:
- Andover, Essex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 13 Oct 1888
- Death Location:
- Davenport, Scott, Iowa
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Oakdale Memorial Gardens, Davenport, Scott, Iowa
- Spouse Name:
- Frances Wood Morton
- Marriage Date:
- 27 Sep 1849
- Marriage Location:
- Taunton, Bristol, Massachusetts
Alice French (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Fanny M. French
Robert T. French
George Henry French
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for George Henry French
- 1 Biographical History and Portrait Gallery of Scott County, Iowa, Chicago and New York: American Biographical Publishing Company (1895), 116-118.
- 2 Federal Census, IA, Scott County, 1880, Davenport, E.D. 277, p. 50, Image 50 of 53.
- 3 Federal Census, IA, Scott County, 1860, Davenport, p. 124, Image 124 of 369.
- 4 General Society of Mayflower Descendants Membership Applications, 1620-1920, General No. 1655, Membership application for Alice French.
- 5 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 03/05/2023).
- 6 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Andover, Vol. 1, p. 159, Birth record for George Henry French.
- 7 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Taunton, Vol. 2, p. 341, Marriage of George H French and Frances W Morton.
- 8 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1841-1910, Andover, Vol. 42, p. 132, Birth record for daughter Alice French.
- 9 Hodges, Almon D., Jr., Genealogical Record of the Hodges Family of New England, Ending December 31, 1894, 3rd Edition, Boston: Printed for the family by Frank H. Hodges (1896), 250.
- 10 Hurd, D. Hamilton, comp., History of Bristol County, Massachusetts: with Biographical Sketches of Many of its Pioneers and Prominent Men, Philadelphia: J. W. Lewis and Company (1883), 26.
- 11 Knowlton, George Henry, Errata and Addenda to Dr. Stocking's History and Genealogy of the Knowltons of England and America, Boston, Massachusetts: The Everett Press Company (1903), 138.
- 12 Wikipedia, "Alice French", (accessed 03/05/2023).