Founder of Playboy Magazine
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Glenn Lucius Hefner
- Grace Caroline Swanson
- Birth Date:
- 9 Apr 1926
- Birth Location:
- Chicago, Cook, Illinois
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 27 Sep 2017
- Death Location:
- Playboy Mansion, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., California
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
Founder of Playboy magazine.
There used to be a statement in the Wikipedia article for Hugh Hefner (accessed 07/18/2015) that stated, “Hugh Hefner, media and porn executive, is a claimant of descent from William Bradford, but his claims have been disproved by The Mayflower Society.” The source given for this statement was The Mayflower Quarterly, “Letters,” Vol. 72, No. 2 (June 2006), publication of the General Society of Mayflower Descendants. The problem is that it is simply not true. There is no letter in that issue of The Mayflower Quarterly that even discusses Hugh Hefner, let alone disproves his descent from William Bradford. In fact, the “Notable Descendants” page on the website of the General Society of Mayflower Descendants lists Hugh Hefner as a Bradford descendant.
The false claim about Hugh Hefner's “disproved” Mayflower descent remained on Wikipedia for 13 years before finally being removed. Read the post by NEHGS's Christopher C. Child at Discredited descendants.
Hugh Marston Hefner
Marriages for Hugh Marston Hefner
- Mildred M. Williams
- Kimberley Conrad
- Crystal Harris
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Hugh Marston Hefner
- 1 Cook County, Illinois Birth Index, 1916-1935 , Birth record for Hugh Hefner, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 2 Federal Census , IL, Cook County, 1930, Chicago, Ward 37, Pct 34, Block 236, ED #16-265, Sheet 16A , Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 3 Federal Census , IL, Cook County, 1940, Chicago, E.D. 103-2254B, Sheet 2A, Image 3 of 40, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 4 Green, Helen Burcham , Burcham, Householder, Green and Stewart 1430 to 1995 , S.I.: H.B. Green (1995) , 171-173.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Fa milies on the Mayflower , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020) , 359.
- 6 Wikipedia , "Hugh Hefner" , (accessed 12/05/2013).