Ancestry of Major
British Commander at Battle of Lexington
- 12th Great-grandfather of John Pitcairn — 15th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Robert de Brus
- Marjorie of Carrick
- Birth Date:
- 11 Jul 1274
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 Jun 1329
- Death Location:
- Cardross, Dumbartonshire, Scotland
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Isabella of Mar
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Marjorie Bruce (Ahnentafel No:14349 )
Earl of Carrick and King of Scotland
aka Robert de Brus or Robert the Bruce
Robert I, King of Scotland
View famous kin of Robert I, King of Scotland
Additional marriages for Robert I, King of Scotland
- Elizabeth de Burgh
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Robert I, King of Scotland
- 1 Browning, Charles H., The Magna Charta Barons and their American Descendants, Philadelpha: (1898), 272.
- 2 Fontaine, Prof. William Winston, "The Descent of General Robert Edward Lee from Robert the Bruce, of Scotland., Southern Historical Society Papers: (1881) Online transcript at https://www.civilwarhome.com/leeancestors.htm, (accessed 03/04/2010).
- 3 Mosley, Charles, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd. (1999), 1610.
- 4 Pitcairn, Constance, The History of the Fife Pitcairns with Transcripts from Old Charters, Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons (1905), 419.
- 5 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. II, p. 17.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 258.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Robert I of Scotland", (accessed 03/04/2010).
- 8 Wurts, John S., Magna Charta, New York: Brookfield Publishing Company (1942), 193.