Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Father of William Williams — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Williams
- Christian Stoddard
- Birth Date:
- 4 Jun 1700
- Birth Location:
- Hatfield, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 28 Feb 1776
- Death Location:
- Lebanon, New London, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Porter
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
William Williams (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Solomon Williams
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1982, Vol. 136, pp. 318, 333.
- 2 Dwight, Nathaniel, The Lives of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence, New York: A. S. Barnes and Co. (1852), 90.
- 3 Hurd, Duane Hamilton, History of New London County, Connecticut, with Biographical Sketches of Many of its Pioneer s and Prominent Men, Philadelphia: J.W. Lewis and Company (1882), 487.
- 4 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 742-743.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 141.
- 6 Williams, Edward H., Jr., Robert Williams of Roxbury, Mass. and His Descendants, Newport, Rhode Island: Reprinted from The Magazine of New England History (1891), 21, gives Solomon's birth date as 04 JAN 1701.
- 7 Williams, Stephen West, The Genealogy and History of the Family of Williams in America, More Particularly of the Desc endants of . . ., Greenfield: Printed by Merriam and Mirick (1847), 160, 162-165.