21st U.S. President
- 2nd Great-grandfather of Chester Arthur — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Stevens
- Mary Chase
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1702
- Birth Location:
- prob. Haverhill, Essex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 4 Apr 1771
- Death Location:
- Hampstead, Rockingham, New Hampshire
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Abigail Kent
- Marriage Date:
- 21 Mar 1722/1723
- Marriage Location:
- Gloucester, Essex, Massachusetts
Simeon Stevens (Ahnentafel No:14 )
- Although no vital record for Otho's birth has been found, he apparently is mentioned in the 1715 will of his father John Stevens. Otho is listed in the will as "Otho, aged 13" and the youngest of 10 children. Some sources claim Otho may have immigrated from England or Wales. If true, then John Stevens is not Otho's father.
Additional marriages for Otho Stevens
- Mary Dodge
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Otho Stevens
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Gloucester Marriages, Vol. 2, Page 524.
- 2 Andrew, Lawrence C. , Thomas Andrew, immigrant , Portland, Maine: Casco Print Co. (1972) , Page 68, Heritage Quest (Digital Library), [Birth].
- 3 Andrew, Lawrence C. , Thomas Andrew, immigrant , Portland, Maine: Casco Print Co. (1972) , Page 68, Heritage Quest (Digital Library), [Death].
- 4 Cutter, William Richard , American Biography: A New Cyclopedia, Vol. 10 , New York: The American Historical Society, Inc. (1922) , book's pages cut off at bottom, page numbers missing.
- 5 Lyford, James Otis , History of the Town of Canterbury, New Hampshire, 1727-1912, Vol. 2 , Concord, New Hampshire: The Rumford Press (1912) , 317.
- 6 Noyes, Harriette Eliza , A Memorial History of Hampstead, New Hampshire, Vol. 2: Congregational Chuch 1752-1902 , Boston, Massachusetts: George B. Reed (1903) , 345-346.
- 7 Wells, Frederic P. , History of Newbury, Vermont: From the Discovery of the Coës Country to the Present Time , St. Johnsbury, Vermont: The Caledonian Company (1902) , Page 602.