- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Hale
- Elizabeth Strong
- Birth Date:
- 6 Jun 1755
- Birth Location:
- Coventry, Tolland, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 22 Sep 1776
- Death Location:
- New York, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Nathan Hale Cemetery, Coventry, Tolland, Connecticut
American Spy and Hero of the Revolutionary War
Nathan Hale was captured by the British and hanged. He is purported to have said just prior to his hanging, "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country."
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Nathan Hale
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 03/01/2014).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1982, Vol. 136, p. 318.
- 3 Kilmeade, Brian and Don Yaeger, George Washington's Secret Six: The Spy Ring That Saved the American Revolution, New York: Sentinel, a member of Penguin Group (2013), 1.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 44.
- 5 Stuart, I. W., Life of Captain Nathan Hale the Martyr-Spy of the American Revolution, Hartford: F. A. Brown (1856), 194, 196.
- 6 Wikipedia, "Nathan Hale", (accessed 03/01/2014).