Ancestry of General
Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 17th Generation — 14th Great-grandfather of William Whipple
- Ahnentafel No:
- Henry III, King of England
- Eleanor of Provence
- Birth Date:
- 17 Jun 1239
- Birth Location:
- Palace of Westminster, London, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 Jul 1307
- Death Location:
- Burgh by Sands, Carlisle, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
- Spouse Name:
- Eleanor of Castile
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Edward II, King of England
Joan of Acre
Elizabeth Plantagenet (Ahnentafel No:48007 )
- King of England
Edward I, King of England
Additional marriages for Edward I, King of England
- Margaret of France
- Marriage Date:
- 8 Sep 1299
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edward I, King of England
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), 1994, Vol. 148, pp. 255-258.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), 2007, Vol. 161, p. 34.
- 3 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1932, Vol. 9, p. 212, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1961, Vol. 37, p. 114, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 American Ancestors , "Boris Johnson: Royal Ancestry" , (accessed 04/15/2020).
- 6 Browning, Charles H. , Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage i s Traced to . . ., 2nd Ed. , Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1891) , 159.
- 7 Browning, Charles H., ed. , Americans Of Royal Descent< img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=famkin0d-20&l=as2&o=1&a=1436766265" width="1 " height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> , Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1883) , 287, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke , The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Su bjects, Vol. II , London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851) , Pedigree xv: Frevile Lambton Burne, Esq., Google Books (Digital Library).
- 9 Foster, Joseph, comp. , The Royal Lineage of our Nobl e and Gentle Families. Together with their Paternal Ancestry , Aylesbury: Privately Printed by Hazell, Watson and Viney, Limited (1884) , 84, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 10 Fraser, ed. Antonia , The Lives of the Kings and Quee ns of England , New York: Alfred A. Knopf (1975) , 70.
- 11 Luther, George A., editor and compiler , The Luther Genealogy: A Histor y of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 163 0-1635 , Penobscot Press (2001) , 81.
- 12 Pitcairn, Constance , The History of the Fife Pitcair ns with Transcripts from Old Charters , Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons (1905) , 419, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd , Notable Ki n, Volume 1 , Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998) , 62.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 259-370.
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec , or the United States (2 vols.) , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018) , 486, 500, 558, 600.
- 16 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al. , Ancestral Roots of Certain Amer ican Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004) , 23, 71.
- 17 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al. , The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta , 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006) , 25, 82.
- 18 Wikipedia , "Edward I of England" , (accessed 02/21/2010).