Author of The Scarlet Letter
- 5th Great-grandmother of Nathaniel Hawthorne — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- 19 Jul 1608
- Burial Location:
- Westbury Leigh, Wiltshire, England
- Spouse Name:
- William Thomson
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Elizabeth Thomson (Ahnentafel No:119 )
Phyllis's given name is also seen as Phillis.
Phyllis's maiden name may have been White. She is the sister or half-sister of the Rev. John White, Vicar of Chirton, Wiltshire, England. The Rev. White died 06 DEC 1671. (See NEHGR 162:5-7)
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Phyllis -----
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1982, Vol. 136, p. 101.
- 2 Ferris, Mary Walton, Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. D awes, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Cuneo Press (1931), Vol. 1, p. 188.
- 3 Jameson, E. O., The Cogswells in America, Boston: Alfred Mudge & Son (1884), xv.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 31.