Barbara (Pierce) Bush
First Lady of President George H.W. Bush
- 7th Great-grandmother of Barbara (Pierce) Bush — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Rice Cole
- Arrold Dunington
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1619
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 5 Mar 1688
- Death Location:
- Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Thomas Pierce Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- 6 May 1635
- Marriage Location:
- Charlestown (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
James Pierce (Ahnentafel No:256 )
Some secondary sources list the marriage date and location for Thomas Pierce and Elizabeth Cole as 06 MAY 1635 in Charlestown (now Boston), Massachusetts. I have not been able to find any evidence to support this. In fact, I have not found any evidence that Thomas Pierce was in New England by 1635. He is not included in Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration series which casts doubt on the marriage date and location.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth Cole
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine, Fall 2005, Vol. 6, Iss. 4, p. 40.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1979, Vol. 55, p. 143.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 429.
- 4 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American P residential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 419-421.
- 5 Crane, Ellery Bicknell, ed., Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Ma ssachusetts, Vol. 1, New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1907), 449.
- 6 Snow, Nora Emma, The Snow-Estes Ancestry, 2 Vols., Hillburn, NY: Privately Printed (1939), Vol. 1, pp. 257, 260-262, 271.