Barbara (Pierce) Bush
First Lady of President George H.W. Bush
- 10th Generation — 7th Great-grandmother of Barbara (Pierce) Bush
- Ahnentafel No:
- Rice Cole
- Arrold Dunington
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1619
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 5 Mar 1688
- Death Location:
- Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Thomas Pierce Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- 6 May 1635
- Marriage Location:
- Charlestown (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- James Pierce
Some secondary sources list the marriage date and location for Thomas Pierce and Elizabeth Cole as 06 MAY 1635 in Charlestown (now Boston), Massachusetts. I have not been able to find any evidence to support this. In fact, I have not found any evidence that Thomas Pierce was in New England by 1635. He is not included in Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration series which casts doubt on the marriage date and location.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth Cole
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine, Fall 2005, Vol. 6, Iss. 4, p. 40, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1979, Vol. 55, p. 143, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 429.
- 4 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 419-421.
- 5 Crane, Ellery Bicknell, ed., Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Massachusetts, Vol. 1, New York: The Lewis Publishing Company (1907), 449, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 6 Snow, Nora Emma, The Snow-Estes Ancestry, 2 Vols., Hillburn, NY: Privately Printed (1939), Vol. 1, pp. 257, 260-262, 271, Ancestry.com (Online Database).