- Mother of Jonathan Robbins — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1665
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 24 Apr 1736
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Joshua Robbins
- Marriage Date:
- 24 Dec 1680
- Marriage Location:
- Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut
Jonathan Robbins (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Some published sources have said that Elizabeth is the daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth Butler, but this has since been proven false. A more recent case has been presented that claims Elizabeth is probably the daughter of Daniel and Elizabeth (Goodrich) Rose. However this case is very circumstantial. Another more believable case is that Elizabeth Rose married Obadiah Coolidge, an ancestor of Calvin Coolidge. So the current belief is that Elizabeth was neither a Butler or Rose, and that her maiden name remains unknown.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth -----
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1933, Vol. 10, p. 51.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1983, Vol. 59, pp. 47-48.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1977, Vol. 53, p. 69.
- 4 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 802-803.
- 5 Stiles, Henry R., Families of Ancient Wethersfield, Connecticut, Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company, Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1999, original 1904), 570.
- 6 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 3, Samuel Appleton and His Wife Judith Everard . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2007), 246, incorrectly gives Elizabeth's maiden name as Butler.