14th Governor of Michigan
- 4th Great-grandfather of Henry Crapo — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- BY Oct 1625
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 11 Dec 1711
- Death Location:
- Dartmouth, Bristol, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah Cooke
- Marriage Date:
- 20 Nov 1652
- Marriage Location:
- Plymouth, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts
Martha Hathaway (Ahnentafel No:61 )
- Claims to Arthur Hathaway's father being another Arthur Hathaway who came to America in 1630 do not seem to be accurate. There is no mention of an Arthur Hathawy in New England at that time in Robert Charles Anderson's "The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633."
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Arthur Hathaway
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1909, Vol. 63, Page 128.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1878, Vol. 32, Page 92.
- 3 New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1942, Vol. 73, No. 3, Pages 159-166 and accompanying chart.
- 4 Hathaway, Caroline W., Old Dartmouth Historical Sketches No. 31: Arthur Hathaway and his Immediate Descendants, New Bedford, Massachusetts: Old Dartmouth Historical Society (1910).
- 5 Hurd, D. Hamilton, comp., History of Bristol County, Massachusetts: with Biographical Sketches of Many of its Pioneer s and Prominent Men, Philadelphia: J. W. Lewis and Company (1883), 883.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 8, 15, 142, 448, 526, 559, 747, 760, 817.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 437.
- 8 Wood, Ralph V., Jr., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 12, Francis Cooke, Revised Edition, Rockland, Maine: Picton Press (2011, revised edition 3rd printing), 75-76.