Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Model
- 10th Great-grandfather of Kate Upton — 13th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Morse
- Margaret King
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 12 Jun 1576
- Christening Location:
- Boxted, Essex, England
- Death Date:
- 5 Dec 1654
- Death Location:
- Medfield, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Vine Lake Cemetery, Medfield, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Jasper
- Marriage Date:
- 29 Jun 1602
- Marriage Location:
- Redgrave, Suffolk, England
Elizabeth Morse (Ahnentafel No:2259 )
- Samuel is thought to be the son of the Rev. Thomas Morse of Foxearth, Essex, England. A monument at the gravesite for Samuel and Elizabeth (Jasper) Morse, and erected by Morse family descendants, contains dates that do not agree with other sources.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Morse
- 1 Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Daniel Morse (m.1639), p. 1.
- 2 Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Joseph Morse (m. 1638), p. 1.
- 3 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 19 AUG 2012).
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1929, Vol. 83, pp. 77, 81, 284-290, 294.
- 5 The American Genealogist, 1948, Vol. 25, pp. 54-56.
- 6 The American Genealogist, 1945, Vol. 22, p. 208.
- 7 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 233.
- 8 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. V, M-P, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007), 170-177.
- 9 Gosnold, Flora Bullen, Genealogy and Work of Rev. Joseph Bullen, Jr., Hickory, North Carolina: Unknown (1968), 16.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#74 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: The New England Ancestry of Actor Richard [Tiffany] Gere", (accessed 10/10/2014).
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 203, 214.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 43, 94.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 444.
- 14 Stearns, Ezra S., comp., Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire: A Record of the Achievements of Her People . . ., Vol. 1, Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1908), 254.