Bess (Wallace) Truman
First Lady of President Harry S Truman
- 8th Great-grandmother of Bess (Wallace) Truman — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Kilbourn
- Frances Moody
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1619
- Birth Location:
- prob. Wood Ditton, Cambridgeshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- North Cemetery, Somers, Tolland, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- John Root
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1641
- Marriage Location:
- Glastonbury, Hartford, Connecticut
John Root (Ahnentafel No:830 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Kilbourn
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 03/01/2016).
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1980, Vol. 56, p. 168.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1996, Vol. 71, p. 207.
- 4 The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography, Volume 26, New York: James T. White and Company (1937), 1.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. IV, I-L, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2005), 148, 150.
- 6 Drake, Hazel Esther, A Branch of the Root Family, Hartley, Iowa: Hartley Sentinel (1948), 1, 101.
- 7 Hook, James William, Lieut. Samuel Smith, His Children and One Line of Descendants and Related Families, New Haven, Connecticut: Unknown (1953), 39.
- 8 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 655.
- 9 Kilbourne, Payne Kenyon, The History and Antiquities of the Name and Family of Kilbourn, (in its varied orthography.), New Haven: Durrie and Peck (1856), 42.
- 10 Root, James Pierce, Root Genealogical Records, 1600-1870: Comprising the General History of the Root and Roots Families in America, New York: R.C. Root, Anthony and Co. (1870), 314-315.