Ancestry of King
King of England
- 7th Great-grandfather of Edward I — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Hugh the Great
- Hedwig of Saxony
- Birth Date:
- ABT 0938
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 24 Oct 0996
- Death Location:
- Paris, France
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Adelaide of Aquitaine
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 0968
- Marriage Location:
Robert II, King of France (Ahnentafel No:278 )
Hedwig of France
First King of France, Count of Paris
Hugh Capet's given name is also seen as Hugues.
View famous kin of Hugh Capet
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Hugh Capet
- 1 American-Canadian Genealogist, Manchester, New Hampshire: American-Canadian Genealogical Society, 1999, Iss. 82, Vol. 25, No. 4, p. 175.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1981, Vol. 57, p. 32.
- 3 Luther, George A., editor and compiler, The Luther Genealogy: A History of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 1630-1635, Penobscot Press (2001), 80.
- 4 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 547.
- 5 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. V, p. 268.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 548, 551, 555, 562-569.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 919.
- 8 Wikipedia, "Hugh Capet", (accessed 02/21/2010).
- 9 Wurts, John S., Magna Charta, New York: Brookfield Publishing Company (1942), 427, 1653.