(c1591 - 1657)
Francis Bonaventure passenger 1620
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1591
- Birth Location:
- prob. Île de Ré, France
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 01 MAR 1656/1657 to 31 DEC 1657
- Death Location:
- prob. York County, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
Immigrated to Virginia aboard the Francis Bonaventure in 1620. He was one of two agents of the Earl of Huntington.
Nicholas Martiau was a slave owner as his will in 1657 allows for the freedom of two slaves with each being given a parcel of land.
Marriages for Nicholas Martiau
- Jane - - - - - -
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1627
- Isabella - - - - - -
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 5 Nov 1646
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Nicholas Martiau
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1975, Vol. 51, p. 168.
- 2 The William and Mary Quarterly, 1916, Vol. 24, No. 3, p. 200.
- 3 William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, 1905, Vol. 14, No. 2, p. 119.
- 4 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 201.
- 5 Browning, Charles H., The Magna Charta Barons and their American Descendants, Philadelpha: (1898), 200.
- 6 Davis, Lottie Wright, Records of Lewis, Meriwether and Kindred Families; Genealogical Records of Minor, Davis, . . ., Columbia, MO: Artcraft Press (1951), 164.
- 7 Dorman, John Frederick, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5, 4th ed., Vol. 2, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2005), 503-505.
- 8 Kennedy, Mary Selden, Seldens of Virginia and Allied Families, Volume 1, New York: Frank Allaben Genealogical Company (1911), 343.
- 9 McAllister, John Meriwether, ed. and Lura Boulton Tandy, Genealogies of the Lewis and Kindred Families, Columbia, Missouri: E. W. Stephens Publishing Company (1906), 23, 164.
- 10 Nicolas Martiau Descendant Association, "Yorktown Our Ancestral Home", (accessed 02/22/2010).
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 2.
- 12 Sorley, Merrow Egerton, Lewis of Warner Hall: The History of a Family, including the Genealogy of Descendants in Both the Male and . . ., Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2000, orig. 1935), 31-36.
- 13 Wikipedia, "Nicolas Martiau", (accessed 11/10/2013).