Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 5th Generation — 2nd Great-grandfather of Lyman Hall
- Ahnentafel No:
- Henry Lyman
- Elizabeth -----
- Birth Date:
- 30 Oct 1580
- Birth Location:
- High Ongar, Essex, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 22 APR 1640 to 03 MAR 1640/1641
- Death Location:
- Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1608
- Marriage Location:
- John Lyman
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Richard Lyman
- 1 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 943, 1217-1220.
- 2 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 92.
- 3 Coleman, Lyman, Genealogy of the Lyman Family, in Great Britain and America; the Ancestors and Descendants of Richard Lyman from . . ., Albany, New York: J. Munsell (1872), 34-39, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Frost, Josephine C., Ancestors of Henry Ward Beecher and His Wife Eunice White Bullard, Unknown: Unknown (1927), 62-63, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 5 Holman, Mary Lovering, Ancestry of Colonel John Harrington Stevens and his Wife Frances Helen Miller, Vol. 1, Concord, New Hampshire: Privately Printed at The Rumford Press (1948), 384-386, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 144-145, 148-149, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 145-146, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).