5th Director of the C.I.A.
- 6th Great-grandfather of Allen Dulles — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1613
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 5 Dec 1692
- Death Location:
- Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Susannah Smith
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 21 Jun 1658
- Marriage Location:
(probable) Lydia Standish (Ahnentafel No:171 )
No evidence has been found to support claims that Thomas Standish of Wethersfield, Connecticut, was a son of Myles Standish. Thomas did not appear in the will of Myles.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Standish
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1908, Vol. 62, p. 56.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1989, Vol. 143, p. 245.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1949, Vol. 25, p. 126.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 317.
- 5 Collins, George Knapp and William Wolcott Wiard, Wiard Family, Syracuse, New York: n. p. (1912), 9-10.
- 6 Collins, George Knapp and William Wolcott Wiard, Wiard Family, Syracuse, New York: n. p. (1912), 10.
- 7 Hollick, Martin E., New Englanders in the 1600s: A Guide to Genealogical Research Published Between 1980 and 2010, Expanded Edition, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2012), 221.
- 8 Stiles, Henry R., Families of Ancient Wethersfield, Connecticut, Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company, Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1999, original 1904), 658, 865.
- 9 Stiles, Henry R., The History of Ancient Wethersfield Connecticut: Comprising the Present . . ., Volume II - Genealogies and Biographies, New York: The Grafton Press (1904), 78, 658, 865.