5th Director of the C.I.A.
- 7th Great-grandmother of Allen Dulles — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Oldham
- Phillipa Sowter
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 14 Jan 1600/1601
- Christening Location:
- All Saints, Derby, Derbyshire, England
- Death Date:
- 4 Mar 1678/1679
- Death Location:
- Norwich (Preston), New London, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Brewster Cemetery, Preston, New London, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Jonathan Brewster
- Marriage Date:
- 10 Apr 1624
- Marriage Location:
- Plymouth, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts
Mary Brewster (Ahnentafel No:375 )
Some sources state that Lucretia Oldham was the daughter of John Oldham whose murder the the Indians in 1636 precipitated the Pequot War. This is incorrect as John Oldham was Lucretia's brother and not her father.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Lucretia Oldham
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1995, Vol. 12, p. 66.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 228.
- 3 Fosdick, Raymond, B., Annals of the Fosdick Family, New York: The American Historical Company, Inc. (1953), 63.
- 4 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 33.
- 5 Leffingwell, Albert and Charles Wesley Leffingwell, The Leffingwell Record: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Lieut. Thomas Leffingwell, 1637-1897, Aurora, New York: Leffingwell Publishing Company (1897), 47.
- 6 Merrick, Barbara Lambert and Scott Andrew Bartley, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 24, Part 1, William Brewster, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2014), 34, 39-52.
- 7 Merrick, Barbara Lambert, comp., Mayflower Families in Progress: William Brewster of the Mayflower and His Descendants for Four Generations, 3rd edition, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2000), 6-7.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#74 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: The New England Ancestry of Actor Richard [Tiffany] Gere", (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 222.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 13, 25, 62, 80-81, 87, 100, 111, 141, 156, 172, 201, 239, 259, 264, 279, 285, 311, et. al.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 615.
- 12 Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Increasings, 2nd Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1997), 24-25.
- 13 Starr, Burgis Pratt, A History of the Starr Family of New England, from the Ancestor, Dr. Comfort Starr, of Ashford, County of Kent . . ., Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1879), 14.
- 14 Threlfall, John Brooks, The Ancestry of Reverend Henry Whitfield (1590-1657) and His Wife Dorothy Sheafe (159?-1669) of Guilford, Connecticut, Madison, Wisconsin: Unknown (1989), 261.
- 15 Wikipedia, "John Oldham (colonist)", (accessed 12/10/2012).
- 16 Wikipedia, "Jonathan Brewster", (accessed 12/10/2012).