John Wellborn Root
1893 Chicago Columbian Exposition Architect
- Grandfather of John Wellborn Root — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Moses Root
- Anna Bardwell
- Birth Date:
- 13 Aug 1780
- Birth Location:
- Montague, Franklin, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Apr 1849
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Craftsbury Common Cemetery, Craftsbury, Orleans, Vermont
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Carpenter
- Marriage Date:
- 4 Nov 1807
- Marriage Location:
Sidney Root (Ahnentafel No:2 )
Some secondary sources give 21 APR 1849 as Salmon Root's date of death, however his tombstone has 20 APR 1849.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Salmon Root
- 1 Find A Grave , (accessed 02/12/2016).
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States , 1991, Vol. 8, p. 30, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Carpenter, Amos B. , A Genealogical History of the Rehoboth Branch of the Carpenter Family in America , Amherst, Massachusetts: Press of Carpenter and Morehouse (1898) , 266, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Fa milies on the Mayflower , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020) , 256, 314.
- 5 Root, James Pierce , Root Genealogical Records, 1600-1870: Comprising the General History of the Root and Roots Fa milies in America , New York: R.C. Root, Anthony and Co. (1870) , 166, 227, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 6 Smith, John Montague, et. al. , History of the Town of Sunderland, Massachusetts, 1673-1899: Which Originally Embraced Withi n Its Limits the . . . , Greenfield, Massachusetts: Press of E. A. Hall and Company (1899) , 370, Google Books (Digital Library).