Thomas Hunt Morgan
Nobel Prize Winner in Physiology or Medicine
- 2nd Great-grandfather of Thomas Hunt Morgan — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Gideon Morgan
- Rachel Kibbe
- Birth Date:
- 15 Jun 1751
- Birth Location:
- Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 15 Nov 1830
- Death Location:
- Kingston, Roane, Tennessee
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Bethel Cemetery, Kingston, Roane, Tennessee
- Spouse Name:
- Patience Cogswell
- Marriage Date:
- 16 Jun 1772
- Marriage Location:
- New Milford, Litchfield, Connecticut
Luther Morgan (Ahnentafel No:8 )
Born Rufus Morgan in 1751, Rufus is said to have changed his name to Gideon after his father's death.
Gary Boyd Robert discusses some issues regarding the parentage of Gideon Morgan in his book Notable Kin, Vol. 2on page 167.
Gideon Rufus Morgan
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Gideon Rufus Morgan
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, New Milford, p. 112, Marriage record for Gideon Morgan and Patience Cogswell.
- 2 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A080392.
- 3 Find A Grave, (accessed 12/29/2014).
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Springfield, Vol. 1, p. 235, Birth record for Gideon Rufus Morgan.
- 5 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Springfield, Vol. 1, p. 223, Birth record for Rufus Morgan.
- 6 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1991, Vol. 8, p. 30.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 169.