23rd U.S. President
- 4th Great-grandmother of Benjamin Harrison — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Armistead
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Giggleswick, Yorkshire, England
Elizabeth Armistead (Ahnentafel No:39 )
Judith's maiden name is said to by some to be Bowles, but this was apparently from an incorrect family tradition due to a grandson who later married into the Bowles family. Her correct maiden name is Hone.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Judith Hone
- 1 William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine , 1897, Vol. 6, No. 2, p. 98, JSTOR (Digital Library).
- 2 Barthelmas, Della Gray , The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference , Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997) , 104, 200.
- 3 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley , American P residential Families , New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993) , 345, 471.
- 4 Child, Christopher C. , "Notes on Robin Williams's Ancestry" , (accessed 03/21/2016).
- 5 Hardy, Stella Pickett , Colonial Families of the Southern States of America: A History and Genealogy of Colonial Fami lies Who Settled . . . , New York: Tobias A. Wright (1911) , 22, 110.
- 6 Keith, Charles P. , The Ancestry of Benjamin Harrison, President of the United States of America 1889-1893 . . . , Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company (1893) , 14, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 7 Pecdquet du Bellet, Louise , Some Prominent Virginia Familie s. Volume II , Lynchburg, VA: J. P. Bell Company (1907) , 654, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Watson, Annah Robinson , Of Sceptred Race , Memphis, TN: Early Printing and Publishing Company (1910) , 242, Google Books (Digital Library).