Ancestry of Lt. Gen.
Leader of the “Charge of the Light Brigade”
- 9th Great-grandfather of James Brudenell — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Grey
- Elizabeth Woodville
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1455
- Birth Location:
- prob. Groby Old Hall, Groby, Leicestershire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 30 Aug 1501
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Collegiate Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Astley, Warwickshire, England
- Spouse Name:
- Cecily Bonville
- Marriage Date:
- 18 Jul 1474
- Marriage Location:
Mary Grey (Ahnentafel No:1233 )
1st Marquess of Dorset, 7th Baron Ferrers of Groby, and 1st Earl of Huntingdon
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Grey
- 1 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), 436.
- 2 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. III, pp. 161-164.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 178, 214.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 360.
- 5 Wikipedia, "Thomas Grey, 1st Marquess of Dorset", _1st_Marquess_of_Dorset, (accessed 10/23/2013).