Ancestry of Lt. Gen.
Leader of the “Charge of the Light Brigade”
- 9th Great-grandfather of James Brudenell — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Grey
- Elizabeth Woodville
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1455
- Birth Location:
- prob. Groby Old Hall, Groby, Leicestershire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 30 Aug 1501
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Collegiate Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Astley, Warwickshire, England
- Spouse Name:
- Cecily Bonville
- Marriage Date:
- 18 Jul 1474
- Marriage Location:
Mary Grey (Ahnentafel No:1233 )
1st Marquess of Dorset, 7th Baron Ferrers of Groby, and 1st Earl of Huntingdon
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Grey
- 1 Richardson, Douglas , Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families , Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013) , 436.
- 2 Richardson, Douglas , Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families , Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013) , Vol. III, pp. 161-164.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 178, 214.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp. , Ancestor s of American Presidents , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009) , 360.
- 5 Wikipedia , "Thomas Grey, 1st Marquess of Dorset" , (accessed 10/23/2013).