Co-Founder of American Express and Wells Fargo and Co.
- 2nd Great-grandmother of Henry Wells — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Marston
- Sabrina -----
- Birth Date:
- 28 Dec 1663
- Birth Location:
- Hampton, Rockingham, New Hampshire
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1729
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Joseph Philbrick
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1685
- Marriage Location:
Joses Philbrick (Ahnentafel No:14 )
Tryphena Marston's given name is also seen as Triphena.
The parents of Tryphena are often confused between her older half-brother and her father. She is often said to be the daughter of William Marston and Rebecca Page, but this William is actually her much older half brother. Her parents were William Marston and his second wife Sabrina Page. Her half-brother William is the son of her father William's unknown first wife. The relationships are clearly stated in the 1672 will of William Marston Sr.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Tryphena Marston
- 1 Essex Antiquarian, 1901, Vol. 5, p. 78, Birth record for Triphena Marston.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1853, Vol. 7, p. 84.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1872, Vol. 26, p. 76.
- 4 New Hampshire: Births to 1901, Deaths and Marriages to 1937, Birth record for Triphena Marston.
- 5 Chapman, Rev. Jacob, A Genealogy of the Philbrick and Philbrook Families, Descended from the Emigrant, Thomas Phil brick, 1583-1667, Exeter, New Hampshire: Exeter Gazette Steam Printing House (1886), 11, 16-17.
- 6 Holman, Mary Lovering, Ancestry of Charles Stinson Pillsbury and John Sargent Pillsbury, n.p.: n.p. (1938), Vol. 1, p. 357.
- 7 Marston, Nathan Washington, The Marston Genealogy in Two Parts, South Lubec, Maine: Unknown (1888), Part 1, p. 7.