- 5th Generation — 2nd Great-grandfather of Andrew Shue
- Ahnentafel No:
- Alexander Nichols Gunn
- Amelia Gilbert
- Birth Date:
- 15 Jul 1834
- Birth Location:
- New York, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 11 Jul 1893
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Rosehill Cemetery and Mausoleum, Chicago, Cook, Illinois
- Spouse Name:
- Emily Almira Dyer
- Marriage Date:
- 11 or 12 FEB 1863
- Marriage Location:
- Burlington, Wisconsin
Alexander Hunter Gunn Jr. (Ahnentafel No:14 )
Alexander Gunn was a lawyer who assisted in the settlement of the Newberry estate in Chicago and in the preparations for the establishment of the Newberry Library.
Alexander Hunter Gunn
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Alexander Hunter Gunn
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System , Ancestor #A035116.
- 2 Find A Grave , (accessed 01/20/2016).
- 3 Illinois, Wills and Probate Records, 1772-1999 , Record of will for Alexander H Gunn, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 , Application for son Alexander Hunter Gunn, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 Torrey, Frederic C. , The Ancestors and Descendants of Humphrey Nichols of Newark, New Jersey and of His Brothers a nd Sisters , Lakehurst, New Jersey: Unknown (1917) , 30, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Yale University , Obituary Record of Graduates of Yale University: Deceased from June, 1890, to June, 1900 , New Haven: The Tuttle, Morehouse and Taylor Co. (1900) , 233-234, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 7 Yale University Class Secretary , Record and Statistics: Class of Fifty-Four, Yale University 1854-1896 , Stamford, Connecticut: Gillespie Bros., Printers and Binders (1896) , 63-64, Google Books (Digital Library).