- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandfather of Andrew Shue
- Ahnentafel No:
- Charles Dyer Jr.
- Mary Galusha
- Birth Date:
- 7 Dec 1806
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Sep 1888
- Death Location:
- Burlington, Wisconsin
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Burlington Cemetery, Burlington, Wisconsin
- Spouse Name:
- Ann Eliza Morse
- Marriage Date:
- 19 Feb 1831
- Marriage Location:
- Trenton, Oneida, New York
- Emily Almira Dyer
Dr. Edward Dyer was an ardent abolitionist and his house was used as a shelter on the Underground Railroad.
Edward Galusha Dyer
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edward Galusha Dyer
- 1 Alton Evening Telegraph, 24 SEP 1888, p. 2, Obituary for Dr. Edward G. Dyer, Newspapers.com (Digital Library), www.newspapers.com.
- 2 Chicago Daily Tribune (Chicago, Illinois), 22 SEP 1888, p. 3, Obituary for Dr. Edward G. Dyer, Newspapers.com (Digital Library), www.newspapers.com.
- 3 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A035116.
- 4 Find A Grave, (accessed 01/20/2016).
- 5 New York Marriage Notices, 1800-55, Marriage record for Edward G Dyers and Ann Eliza Morse, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 6 Wisconsin, Wills and Probate Records, 1800-1987, Probate records for Edward G. Dyer, pp. 1-58, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Burlington Historical Society, Images of America: Burlington, Chicago, et. al.: Arcadia Publishing (2005), Images of the Dr. Edward G and Ann Eliza (Morse) Dyer house.
- 8 Morse, J. Howard and Miss Emily W. Leavitt, comp., Morse Genealogy Comprising the Descendants of Samuel, Anthony, William and Joseph Morse and John Moss, Springfield, Massachusetts: Springfield Printing and Binding Company (1903), 223, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 9 Snodgrass, Mary Ellen, The Underground Railroad: An Encyclopedia of People, Places, and Operations, London and New York: Routledge Taylor and Francis Group (2015), 174, 224.
- 10 Yale University, Obituary Record of Graduates of Yale University: Deceased from June, 1890, to June, 1900, New Haven: The Tuttle, Morehouse and Taylor Co. (1900), 234, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 11 Yale University Class Secretary, Record and Statistics: Class of Fifty-Four, Yale University 1854-1896, Stamford, Connecticut: Gillespie Bros., Printers and Binders (1896), 64, Google Books (Digital Library).