David Hyde Pierce
Stage, TV, and Movie Actor
- 9th Great-grandfather of David Hyde Pierce — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Porter
- Sybil Vessey
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 21 Jun 1594
- Christening Location:
- Felsted, Essex, England
- Death Date:
- 21 Apr 1648
- Death Location:
- Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Anna White
- Marriage Date:
- 18 Oct 1620
- Marriage Location:
- All Saints Church, Messing, Essex, England
John Porter (Ahnentafel No:1482 )
Some sources list John's wife as Rose, but this appears to be incorrect.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Porter
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1901, Vol. 55, p. 29.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1941, Vol. 18, p. 59.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1974, Vol. 50, p. 74.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1939, Vol. 16, pp. 49-53.
- 5 The American Genealogist, 1953, Vol. 29, p. 210.
- 6 The American Genealogist, 2005, Vol. 80, p. 221.
- 7 The American Genealogist, 1959, Vol. 35, p. 25.
- 8 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 793.
- 9 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1979.
- 10 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 270.
- 11 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 461.
- 12 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 423.
- 13 Andrews, Henry Porter, The Descendants of John Porter of Windsor, Conn. 1635-9, Vol. 1, Saratoga Springs: G. W. Ball, Book and Job Printer (1893), 1-3.
- 14 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 471.
- 15 Cleveland, Edmund Janes and Horace Gillette Cleveland, The Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families: An Attempt to Track in Both the Male and the Female . . ., Vol. 1, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1899), 109.
- 16 Coddington, John Insley, John Porter of Windsor, Connecticut, and his Parents, Olivet, Michigan: Reprinted from "The American Genealogist" (1941), 1-5.
- 17 Cook, Alva and Lydia Cooper, Alva Cook and Lydia Cooper: Their Ancestors and Descendants, Washington, D.C.: M.N. Stockberger (1958), 49-50.
- 18 Grant, Arthur Hastings, The Grant Family: A Genealogical History of the Descendants of Matthew Grant of Windsor, Conn. 1601-1898, Poughkeepsie, New York: Press of A.V. Haight (1898), 2.
- 19 Marshall, Edward Chauncey, The Ancestry of General Grant, and their Contemporaries, New York: Sheldon and Company (1869), 165.
- 20 Prudden, Lillian E., Peter Prudden: A Story of His Life at New Haven and Milford, Conn. with the Genealogy of Some of His Descendants . . ., New Haven, Connecticut: The Tuttle, Morehouse and Taylor Company (1901), 65.
- 21 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 141.
- 22 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 37.
- 23 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 449.
- 24 Stiles, Henry R., The History and Genealogies of Ancient Windsor, Connecticut, 1635-1891, Vol. 2: Genealogies and Biographies, Hartford, Connecticut: The Press of the Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1892), 304.
- 25 Watkins, Walter K. and Eben Putnam, New England Ancestry of Grover Cleveland, President of the United States, Salem, Massachusetts: The Salem Press (1892), 11.