Frank W. Woolworth
Founder of F.W. Woolworth Company
- 4th Generation — Great-grandfather of Frank W. Woolworth
- Ahnentafel No:
- Benjamin Buell Jr.
- Sybil Buell
- Birth Date:
- 19 Jul 1757
- Birth Location:
- Hebron, Tolland, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 6 Mar 1825
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Andover, Tolland, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Beulah Dorchester
- Marriage Date:
- 27 Mar 1783
- Marriage Location:
- Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut
- Elizabeth G. "Betsey" Buell
Multiple published county histories claim Aaron Buell is the son of John Hubbell Buell. However History of the Buell Family by Albert Welles (1881) gives his parents as Benjamin and Cybil Buell. No vital records have been found for an Aaron Buell, son of John Hubbell Buell. A birth record does exist for a son named Aaron, born to Benjamin and Cybil Buell in Hebron, Connecticut.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Aaron Buell
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Hebron, p. 20, Birth record for Aaron Buell, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/18/2016).
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1885, Vol. 39, p. 340, Marriage record for Aaron Buell and Beulah Dorchester.
- 4 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 3, p. 563, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 Dexter, Franklin Bowditch, Biographical Sketches of the Graduates of Yale College with Annals of the College History, Volume 4, July 1778-June 1792, New York: Henry Holt and Company (1907), 25.
- 6 Hayden, Rev. Horace Edwin, ed., Genealogical and Family History of the Wyoming and Lackawanna Valleys, Pennsylvania, Vol. 2, New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1906), 217, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 7 Oakes, R. A., Genealogical and Family History of the County of Jefferson, New York: A Record of the Achievements of . . ., Vol. 1, New York: The Lewis Publishing Company (1905), 196, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Welles, Albert, History of the Buell Family in England: From the Remotest Times Ascertainable from Our Ancient Histories, and in America, New York: Society Library (1881), 65, 121, Google Books (Digital Library).