Mary Chapin Carpenter
Singer and Songwriter
- 9th Great-grandfather of Mary Chapin Carpenter — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Armistead
- Ann Ellis
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1640
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 1688 to 1703
- Death Location:
- prob. Gloucester County, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Judith Hone
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Giggleswick, Yorkshire, England
Judith Armistead (Ahnentafel No:1627 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Armistead
- 1 Genealogies of Virginia Families: From the William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, Vol. 1, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1982), 105.
- 2 Sons of the Revolution in State of Virginia Quarterly Magazine, 1923, Vol. 2, No. 2, p. 61.
- 3 William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, 1897, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 97-98.
- 4 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 104, 200.
- 5 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 345, 471.
- 6 Child, Christopher C., "Notes on Robin Williams's Ancestry", (accessed 03/21/2016).
- 7 Glenn, Thomas Allen, ed., Some Colonial Mansions: and Those Who Lived in Them, Vol. 1, Philadelphia: Henry T. Coates and Company (1898), 225.
- 8 Hardy, Stella Pickett, Colonial Families of the Southern States of America: A History and Genealogy of Colonial Families Who Settled . . ., New York: Tobias A. Wright (1911), 22, 110.
- 9 Keith, Charles P., The Ancestry of Benjamin Harrison, President of the United States of America 1889-1893 . . ., Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company (1893), 13-14.
- 10 Pecdquet du Bellet, Louise, Some Prominent Virginia Families. Volume II, Lynchburg, VA: J. P. Bell Company (1907), 654.
- 11 Watson, Annah Robinson, Of Sceptred Race, Memphis, TN: Early Printing and Publishing Company (1910), 242.