Mary Chapin Carpenter
Singer and Songwriter
- Great-grandmother of Mary Chapin Carpenter — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Asahel Chapin
- Louise J. Horton
- Birth Date:
- 25 May 1858
- Birth Location:
- New York, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Sep 1934
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Charles Baber Cemetery, Pottsville, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania
- Spouse Name:
- James Stratton Carpenter
- Marriage Date:
- 28 Apr 1886
- Marriage Location:
- Kings County, New York
Chapin Carpenter (Ahnentafel No:4 )
Lillian Chapin gave her birthdate as 25 MAY 1862 on multiple U.S. passport applications, but her tombstone and early census records indicate it was really 25 MAY 1858.
Lillian Louise Chapin
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Lillian Louise Chapin
- 1 Federal Census , PA, Schuylkill County, 1900, Pottsville, E.D. 185, Sheet 1B, Image 2 of 36, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 2 Find A Grave , (accessed 08/11/2016).
- 3 New York, New York, Marriage Index 1866-1937 , Marriage record for James Carpenter and Lillian L Chapin, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885-1950 , Marriage certificate for son Chapin Carpenter and Mary Ruth Smythe, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 5 U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925 , 27 JAN 1925, Application for Lilian C Carpenter, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 6 U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925 , 14 APR 1923, Application for Lilian C Carpenter, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Carpenter, Edward and Gen. Louis Henry Carpenter , Samuel Carpenter and His Descendants , Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Co. (1912) , 124, 148-149, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Chapin, Gilbert Warren , The Chapin Book of Genealogical Data with Brief Sketches of the Descendants of Deacon Samue l Chapin, Vol. 1 , Hartford, Connecticut: Chapin Family Association (1924) , 840, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 9 Schalck, Adolf W. and D. C. Henning , History of Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania: Including a Genealogical and Biographical Recor d of . . ., Vol. 2 , Unknown: State Historical Association (1907) , 87, Google Books (Digital Library).