4th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Marshall
- Mary Randolph Keith
- Birth Date:
- 24 Sep 1755
- Birth Location:
- Germantown, Fauquier, Virginia
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 6 Jul 1835
- Death Location:
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Shockoe Hill Cemetery, Richmond, Virginia
4th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
At his funeral on July 8, 1834, the "Liberty Bell" was cracked while it rung for the last time.
Marriages for John Marshall
- Mary Willis Ambler
- Marriage Date:
- 3 Jan 1783
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Marshall
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A073990 and #A002161.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 08/22/2016).
- 3 Laidley, W. S., ed., The West Virginia Historical Magazine Quarterly, Charleston, West Virginia: West Virginia Historical and Antiquarian Society, 1902, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 48-54.
- 4 Paxton, William McClung, Genealogical Chart of the Marshall Family, Platte City, Missouri: Hand-drawn Chart (1885), (accessed 08/22/2016).
- 5 Wikipedia, "John Marshall", (accessed 08/22/2016).