- 4th Great-grandfather of Edward Norton — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Aquila Keen
- Sophia Wood
- Birth Date:
- ABT 30 Mar 1780
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 25 Nov 1847
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Grove Cemetery, Aberdeen, Harford, Maryland
- Spouse Name:
- Harriet Bayless
- Marriage Date:
- 23 Sep 1802
- Marriage Location:
- Harford County, Maryland
Sarah Ann Keen (Ahnentafel No:51 )
The D.A.R. and S.A.R. disagree on the year that Timothy Keen was born with one stating 1779 and the other 1780. His tombstone, if correct, would indicate both are wrong and it was actually in 1778.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Timothy Keen
- 1 Baltimore: Its History and Its People, Vol. II - Biography, New York and Chicago: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1912), 331.
- 2 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A007667.
- 3 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 11/14/2016).
- 4 Maryland Marriages, 1666-1970, Marriage record for Timothy Keen and Harriet Bayless.
- 5 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #24258, Application for Timothy Littleton Hanway.
- 6 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #63000, Application for William Wilson Keen.
- 7 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #23959, Application for George Keen McGaw.